SPECIALTY CONCEPTS, INC.
1. Specialty Concepts, Incorporated (hereafter referred to as SCinc) warrants its ASC line of controllers for a period of ten (10) years from the date of shipment from its factory, applicable to units date-coded after Jan. 1, 2007 (units prior to this date code have a five (5) year warranty). SCinc warrants its MARK Series line of controllers for a period of five (5) years from the date of shipment from its factory. This warranty is valid against defects in materials and workmanship for the five (5)/ten (10) year warranty period, as applicable to each product type. It is not valid against defects resulting from, but not limited to:
A. Misuse and/or abuse, neglect, or accident.
B. Exceeding the unit's design limits.
C. Improper installation, including, but not limited to, improper environmental protection, and improper hook-up.
D. Acts of God, including lightning, floods, earthquakes, fire, high winds.
E. Damage in handling, including damage encountered during shipment.
2. This warranty shall be considered void if the warranted product is in anyway opened or altered. The warranty will be void if any eyelets, rivets, or other fasteners used to seal the unit are removed or altered, or if the unit's serial number is in any way removed, altered, replaced, defaced, or rendered illegible.
3. The five (5)/ten (10) year term of this warranty does not apply to equipment where another manufacturers' warranty is available. An example of such equipment may be, but is not limited to, an electronic enclosure.. The time limit for this warranty may be for less then the SCinc limited warranty. SCinc will assist the claimant in attempts to seek warranty claims for such equipment where appropriate.
4. SCinc cannot assume responsibility for any damages to any system components used in conjunction with SCinc products nor for claims for persona injury or property damage resulting from the use of SCinc products or the improper operation thereof or consequential damages arising from the products or use of the products.
5. SCinc cannot guarantee compatibility of its products with other components used in conjunction with SCinc products, including, but not limited to, solar modules, batteries, and system interconnects, and such loads as inverters, transmitters and other loads which produce "noise" or electromagnetic interference, in excess of the levels to which SCinc products are compatible.
6. Warranty repair and/or evaluation will be provided only at the Chatsworth, California facility of SCinc. Units for such repair and/or evaluation must be returned freight prepaid to SCinc with a written description of any apparent defects. SCinc will not be required at any time to visit the installation site wherein SCinc's products are subject to warranty repair and/or evaluation.
7. Only SCinc is authorized to repair any of its products, and they reserve the right to repair or replace any units returned for warranty repair. The party returning unit for repair is responsible for proper packaging and for shipping and insurance charges, as well as any other charges encountered, in shipping to and from SCinc.
8. This warranty supersedes all other warranties and may only be modified by a writing signed by SCinc.
Warranty terms effective as of Jan. 1, 2007
DISTRIBUTOR/OEM POLICY FOR USA AND CANADA
The product line of Specialty Concepts is sold directly to distributors and OEM's. For an application to become an authorized distributor or OEM, contact factory. (Specialty Concepts, Inc. reserves the right to deny or cancel distributorships without prior notice).
1. Minimum order or shipment value is $250.00
2. A $25,000.00 per year minimum volume must be maintained.
3. A confirming purchase order is required.
4. Special rules apply to quantity discounts, refer to pricing sheets.
5. Scheduled orders are not to exceed a period of 6 months from the time of order.
6. Scheduled orders are not to be divided more than 6 times.
7. Custom products and non-standard ASCs may be subject to a quantity variance. (Contact factory).
8. Order cancellations or order modifications pertaining to quantity, product changes, additions, deletions, and scheduled shipping dates are strictly up to the discretion of the sales department of Specialty Concepts.
1. Shipments are FOB shippers dock and will be by UPS surface freight unless otherwise specified.
2. Shipping, handling and insurance charges will be prepaid and added to the invoice.
To obtain open-account status, contact the Credit Dept. and request a credit application.
1. If accorded open-account status, payment is due within 30 days of invoice date.
2 Late payment will incur a service charge of 1.5% per month on the unpaid overdue balance.
3. Late payment beyond 45 days will cause a loss of open-account status and subsequent shipments will be COD or prepaid until the account is cleared. This may also result in the rescheduling of current orders in production.
4. Late payment beyond 60 days will cause a suspension of all further orders until account is cleared. This may also result in the permanent loss of open-account status.
Effective May 30, 2015. Subject to change without notice.
Last update: May 30, 2015
This document copyright © 2000-2015 Specialty Concepts, Inc.
All product descriptive names within this document are copyright © 1982-2015 Specialty Concepts, Inc.